NOW HIRING FOR 2019!
- Must be at least 18 years old by July 1, 2019.
- Experience working with children.
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the curriculum tracks Fleming Tech Camps offers.
- Ability to commit to the duration of the program you are working on (most camps are Monday to Friday, from 8am to 4:30pm, for 2 to 8 weeks).
- Ability to attend the required training session.
- References and background checks that acceptable to Fleming Tech Camps
- Have a great sense of humor, love working with kids and know how to have fun!
- Have prior experience teaching computer technology and curriculum development. (Curriculum is provided, but teachers are encouraged to add to our interactive Course Wiki.)
- Have experience working at a camp (as a Jr. Counselor or in a more senior role).
- Completed one year of college, or have equivalent work experience.
- Have current First Aid/CPR Certification.
Prior to Camp
- Prepare for course instruction, including completing assigned course curriculum reviews.
- Meet all camp and state requirements for employment, including but not limited to state mandated background checks or fingerprint registration with local authorities.
- Attend and participate in camp set-up and training, Friday (night) through Sunday prior to the first day of camp.
- Participate and supervise campers in the camp activities, including, but not limited to, sports, swimming, team-building activities, eating lunch, field trips, crafts and games.
- Assist in troubleshooting of camp equipment.
- Assist with technical set-up and networking of camp equipment.
- Work closely with the camp administration and other instructors to ensure the program goals are met and the camp is of high quality.
- Assist in the breakdown of the camp at the end of the program.
- Most importantly, ensure the camper’s expectations are met and exceeded in learning technology and having FUN at camp!
Fleming Tech Camps’ staff provide quality daily instruction in the classes Fleming Tech Camps offers. Teachers and counselors also supervise the campers in camp activities such as sports, team-building activities, field trips, games, etc. We may ask some staff to work at more than one camp location over the course of employment.
Meteor Wave, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.