Virtual Reality: Design 3D Worlds
Have you ever imagined actually having the ability to walk in the shoes of your favorite character from a movie or video game? Have you ever wanted to walk on an alien planet, or fly above the clouds like a bird? With virtual reality, you can do all of this and more. In this camp, the adventurous and courageous will explore VR and dive into this amazing immersive experience. Explore strange new worlds, learn how to navigate through virtual space and even design your own virtual objects.
- Design a 3D fly through in Sketch Up
- Have the campers know the difference between Mobile VR, Home/Work VR and augmented reality
- Campers may have the ability to film some 3D video and experience it in VR
- Provide a significant amount of time to each camper to explore 3D space and know how to explain how to navigate in it
- Build a building in Minecraft VR
- Have campers build 3D models within either the Oculus 3D art program or Vive Tilt Brush application
- 3D design with Sketch Up
- Navigating 3D Space
- 3D video concepts (potentially creating 3D video as well)
- Exploring what is possible with VR
- Mobile VR vs. Home VR vs. Augmented Reality
- Discussing the role of VR in industry - how it could reshape everything
- Explore Minecraft VR
- Building 3D objects in VR
- Sketch Up
- Tilt Brush
- HTC Vive
- Windows 10
Fleming Tech Camps focus on providing campers with experiences working with amazing technologies. We provide Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced materials - we have your camper covered no matter your skill level. Many of our campers elect to take our camp programs more then once. Each time they take a camp program they have new experiences with the topics covered and can work on more and more advanced projects as their skill levels increase.
Our camps are designed for kids that are highly motivated to learn about technology - about 65% of the day take place in a classroom. The day is broken up into six periods (not including lunch), and we offer a free extended AM and PM program at both the Cabrini University and Manor College Campuses. In addition, at Cabrini College, we offer an optional overnight program for campers aged 9 and up.
Classroom & Hands-On Computer Lab (4 periods)
More then 65% of the day is spent indoors working in the labs. Each day camper are provided with two AM and two PM instruction/lab periods.
Outdoor Activities (2 periods)
Each day our campers spend time outdoors (weather permitting) and play games such as capture the flag, kickball, 'Nurf War', and compete in water fights.
Lunch and Breaks
We will take a few breaks during the camp day - during breaks campers can have a snack and/or play in a video or board game tournament. We feature daily game competitions with Nintendo's SUPER SMASH BROTHERS and Ubisoft's JUST DANCE.
Many campers buy lunch from our partner schools. Each campuses offers an optional food service program and costs for the service differ from campus to campus. If you don't want to buy lunch, be sure to send a lunch with your child that doesn't need to be refrigerated.
Extended Morning Camp - 8AM to 9AM
It's time to wake up - Mornings are awesome at Fleming Tech Camps!
The Extended Morning Program is FREE extension of the full day camp. Each day your child will have the opportunity to hang out in our lab where they can play games or work on exciting projects. The AM program also includes entry into our AM tournaments for: knock-hockey; checkers; Super Smash Bothers; and Just Dance
- The Extended Morning Camp runs 1 hours prior to the start of the camp day
- Campers can be dropped off at anytime between 8AM and 9AM (starting at 7:30AM at Rutgers)
- There is no fee for this program at Cabrini University, Rutgers University or Manor College
EXTENDED AFTERNOON CAMP - 4PM to 6PM
Camp doesn't have to end at 4PM! - Afternoons at Fleming Tech Camps are like a big party!
The Extended Afternoon is full of fun and cool activities. Taking place in our gaming classroom, our campers have access to lots of games (board games and video games), experiments, craft projects and other activities.
Your kids will have the option to: participate in a game tournaments, work on projects; join a quest in a role playing game; or just hang out!!!
- The Extended After Camp runs for up to 2 hours after the close of day camp
- Campers can be picked up anytime between 4PM to 6PM (4PM on Fridays)
- There is no fee for this service
|8:00 - 9:00||Camper Sign In
Early Morning Activity & Extended AM Program
|9:00 - 9:20||Camp Meeting and Games|
|9:20 - 10:30||Morning Topic - Period 1|
|10:30 - 11:00||Outdoor Activity - Period 2|
|11:00 - 12:00||Morning Topic - Period 3|
|12:00 - 12:30||Lunch|
|12:30 - 1:30||Afternoon Topics - Period 4|
|1:30 - 2:00||Outdoor Activity - Period 5|
|2:00 - 4:00||Afternoon Topics - Period 6|
|4:00 - 6:00 (4PM on Fridays)||PM Extended Day Program - Campers are picked up anytime between 4pm and 6pm (4pm on Fridays)|