Tech Adventures camps are designed to broaden and encourage young campers’ interest in technology, computing and engineering. Each week, campers focus on two core topics and are also provided two daily outdoor recreation periods. Each session offers its own unique content:
Motors & Machines and Digital Art Design — Campers work with a variety of tools that investigate simple motors and machines (gears, wheels, axles, levers and pulleys), while solving tasks related to mechanical principles as well as learn about energy, balance and buoyancy. In Digital Art & Design campers will use technology devices to take photos, make simple photo edits, draw 2D art and create other fun and engaging images.
- Learn basic Concepts about machines
- Learn how motors work - using Simple Machines
- Understanding the operation of simple and compound machines
- Working collaboratively in a small team campers should construct and learn
- Learn basic concepts about editing photos
- Learn basic concepts about drawing
- Learn basic concepts about editing videos
- How do gears work
- How do levers work
- How do pulleys work
- How do wheels and Axels work
- Discover mechanical principles by exploring, investigating, and solving tasks
- Discover your Artistic Side
- Discover how to draw digitally by using software Pixel Maker, Scratch Draw,and Auto Desk
- Discover how to take your photos to the next level with Photo Editor by Finalhit
- Discover about taking videos and how to edit them with VidTrim, Qditor PAD and VideoPad
- Pixel Maker
- Scratch Draw
- Auto Desk
- Photo Editor by Finalhit
- Qditor PAD
Fleming Tech Camps focus on providing campers with experiences working with amazing technologies. We provide Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced materials - we have your camper covered no matter your skill level. Many of our campers elect to take our camp programs more then once. Each time they take a camp program they have new experiences with the topics covered and can work on more and more advanced projects as their skill levels increase.
Our camps are designed for kids that are highly motivated to learn about technology - about 65% of the day take place in a classroom. The day is broken up into six periods (not including lunch), and we offer a free extended AM and PM program at both the Cabrini University and Manor College Campuses. In addition, at Cabrini College, we offer an optional overnight program for campers aged 9 and up.
Classroom & Hands-On Computer Lab (4 periods)
More then 65% of the day is spent indoors working in the labs. Each day camper are provided with two AM and two PM instruction/lab periods.
Outdoor Activities (2 periods)
Each day our campers spend time outdoors (weather permitting) and play games such as capture the flag, kickball, 'Nurf War', and compete in water fights.
Lunch and Breaks
We will take a few breaks during the camp day - during breaks campers can have a snack and/or play in a video or board game tournament. We feature daily game competitions with Nintendo's SUPER SMASH BROTHERS and Ubisoft's JUST DANCE.
Many campers buy lunch from our partner schools. Each campuses offers an optional food service program and costs for the service differ from campus to campus. If you don't want to buy lunch, be sure to send a lunch with your child that doesn't need to be refrigerated.
Extended Morning Camp - 8AM to 9AM
It's time to wake up - Mornings are awesome at Fleming Tech Camps!
The Extended Morning Program is FREE extension of the full day camp. Each day your child will have the opportunity to hang out in our lab where they can play games or work on exciting projects. The AM program also includes entry into our AM tournaments for: knock-hockey; checkers; Super Smash Bothers; and Just Dance
- The Extended Morning Camp runs 1 hours prior to the start of the camp day
- Campers can be dropped off at anytime between 8AM and 9AM (starting at 7:30AM at Rutgers)
- There is no fee for this program at Cabrini University, Rutgers University or Manor College
EXTENDED AFTERNOON CAMP - 4PM to 6PM
Camp doesn't have to end at 4PM! - Afternoons at Fleming Tech Camps are like a big party!
The Extended Afternoon is full of fun and cool activities. Taking place in our gaming classroom, our campers have access to lots of games (board games and video games), experiments, craft projects and other activities.
Your kids will have the option to: participate in a game tournaments, work on projects; join a quest in a role playing game; or just hang out!!!
- The Extended After Camp runs for up to 2 hours after the close of day camp
- Campers can be picked up anytime between 4PM to 6PM (4PM on Fridays)
- There is no fee for this service
|8:00 - 9:00||Camper Sign In
Early Morning Activity & Extended AM Program
|9:00 - 9:20||Camp Meeting and Games|
|9:20 - 10:30||Morning Topic - Period 1|
|10:30 - 11:00||Outdoor Activity - Period 2|
|11:00 - 12:00||Morning Topic - Period 3|
|12:00 - 12:30||Lunch|
|12:30 - 1:30||Afternoon Topics - Period 4|
|1:30 - 2:00||Outdoor Activity - Period 5|
|2:00 - 4:00||Afternoon Topics - Period 6|
|4:00 - 6:00 (4PM on Fridays)||PM Extended Day Program - Campers are picked up anytime between 4pm and 6pm (4pm on Fridays)|