Minecraft Coding: Levels 1 & 2
If you have a passion for Minecraft and computer coding, then this is the camp for you! For beginners we’ll show you how to modify Minecraft with drag-and-drop coding tools. For the more advanced coder, you’ll receive training in Python programming Minecraft on the Raspberry Pi microcomputer. Both groups will utilize their coding skills to create new gameplay features and Mods in Minecraft. This camp is recommended for intro, intermediate and advanced campers who have an interest in computer coding and are proficient in the use of both Minecraft and PCs.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A MULTI WEEK CAMP. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR WEEK 1 & WEEK 2.
- Review how to access Minecraft Pi and create a new world
- Use the Python programming environment IDLE to connect to Minecraft Pi
- Use the Minecraft Python API to post text to the chat window, find the player's coordinates, teleport and build structures
- Learn how to use variables to store IDs for different types of blocks
- Campers will be experimenting with placing different types of blocks with special attributes and then build a unique mod with these skills
- Introduction to Programming
- Review of the Raspberry Pi
- Programming Minecraft Mods with Python
- Raspberry Pi
- Minecraft EDU
- Block Coding Software
- Windows 10